Make a trailer
This task asks pupils to put their understanding of trailers into practice. The interactive edit suite enables them to manipulate visual and audio material in a way that best suits the audience that they are trying to reach.
Activity introduction for pupils
It is now your turn to make a trailer. As with all movie trailers, the point of your trailer is to persuade the widest possible audience to go and see the film - Diary of a Wimpy Kid: Dog Days
We would like you to make a trailer that attracts children your age and younger than yourself, and their parents. Think carefully about what you could put in your trailer that will make it appealing to this audience.
Once you have put your trailer together, you can show it to the rest of your class and explain why you put it together in this way.
- To view the clips, hold the mouse over the thumbnails.
- Drag your first clip into the timeline to begin making a trailer.
- To add text, drag a box into the timeline, write in the box below the screen and save.
- Choose an appropriate soundtrack to play in the background.
- Click on the play button to watch your trailer.
- You can save your trailer and print it as a storyboard.