Case study - Stephen Wooley
Watch the following interview with Producer Stephen Woolley. Stop the film after each section in order to answer the relevant questions.
- Watch this clip and identify three key elements of project development described by Stephen Woolley.
- What factors do you think motivated the different organisations to contribute to the film’s financing?
- Can you name and describe the involvement of the different funding bodies?
- What impact does the fact that the film is set in the past have upon the cost of the film?
- What other elements of filmmaking impact on the budget?
- What qualities did the filmmakers want to highlight in the character of Rita?
- How does Stephen Woolley describe Sally Hawkins’ star image as having an impact upon casting decisions?
- Why is it important for audiences to identify with the main character and how might this be achieved?
- Watch this clip and identify the key roles of a producer
- What are the challenges faced by a producer?